Monday 29 June 2009

A new (old) look!

Hello everyone! I'm guest blogging for you this week while Helen is away on holiday to Caithness - don't panic though, she will be back making caketops for all your summer weddings soon!

To kick things off, I thought I’d give you a taster of the look of the main caketops website redesign that should hopefully be unveiled in the not too distant future. Helen will get a surprise when she gets home from her holiday and checks her blog – will she recognise it?! The inspiration for the redesign has come from a bit of old fabric that once belonged to Helen’s Granny (that's her in the photo!). I've teamed it up with a lace edging to give a ‘vintage tablecloth and runner’ look.

Helen's Granny!I’m planning to improve the navigation of the website and expand the photo gallery so that you can see different views the caketops – Helen puts lots of detail into the caketops and I want to add close-up shots and back views so that you can appreciate all the little details from all angles!

Also I’d really like to make the ordering process as easy for both you and Helen as easy as possible. This is something that Helen and I have discussed numerous times and we’re still pondering the best way to accomplish this... If you have any suggestions or ideas about the website or the blog please do let us know – we’d love to hear from you!

Until next time,
Lisa

N.B. Well, I only had a 50/50 chance of being right so, naturally, I got it wrong and posted a photo of Helen's other Granny. To make amends here is a photo of Granny L looking very stylish in a fantastic frock.

Granny L - original possessor of the fabric!

8 comments:

  1. Yes i did get a surprise!!! Ha!!!! I am very impressed and i think Granny would be too..... although, this is the wrong Granny!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! That's Granny P, but it was Granny L's fabric... at least i think it was, i was just a wee nipper and actually i'd take the webmaster's word on pretty much anything so i'm half convinced already that i'm wrong..... Anyway, i shall send you a piccie of the other Granny and we can imortalise both on the blog, why not!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! You know I had a suspicion that it was the wrong Granny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good, can you re-design mine too please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm pleased that I succeeded in tweaking Helen's blog without breaking it :)

    Would you like a new look for your blog? Have you got ideas? I'd be happy to help!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really the ideas person, she's away on holiday at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just as i suspected.... Jenny is the brians behind the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. not at all, my outfit was own idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah ha!! that explains the flares and the kipper tie then ....;)

    (I dig the winklepickers tho)

    ReplyDelete