Thursday 19 March 2009

Animal crackers...

Rain dear? No its actually a lovely day today, but you're right, there is a small reindeer. And a rabbit... and there will be a couple of German shepherds later, but they're not quite existing just yet.


Lots of animals this week- definitely crackers! It's not too long till Easter either so I made an Easter chick out of marzipan at the weekend. I was asked to do a wee demo at the local community centre as they were having a fun day of activity for the local 'over 50's'. There was also flower arranging, card making, wood turning, bowling, a Great Glen Ranger who knew a fair bit about mushrooms, and some excellent soup. Oh and I nearly forgot! We all had to start the day with some salsa, yes Lochaber over 50's know how to have a good time!



Now, I don't make anything on my website out of marzipan you understand, sometimes people do think the caketops are edible, but I wouldn't advise eating one! They are all made from wood, fabric and polymer clay. That way they can travel in the post safely and they can last for years to come as a nice keepsake. However, many years ago when I found myself working as a cake decorator, it was of course marzipan and icing I used. Its nice to revisit that every now and again.... but your hands get so sticky and I seem to get icing sugar just about everywhere....!!!

So the last animal of the day is one I sometimes see out of my window first thing in the morning, as I sit down at my desk and ponder whether to tackle the emails or the caketops first..... he - or she - is terribly distracting...


No comments:

Post a Comment