Friday 3 April 2009

A classy couple!

This cake top was made for a couple who enjoy their classic motorbikes. In fact the groom is a contributor to the Classic Bike Guide- he's holding a copy do you see?! Our biker bride has such lovely red curly hair it would be a shame to hide it under a helmet so she's holding hers instead, but the Groom is wearing his with pride! The open face helmets work well on the cake top as you can still see the happy expression! This is my first proper go at bikers jackets and after a fair bit of cutting to find the right shape, and experimenting with 'zips' I'm rather pleased with myself, even if I am still knee deep in leather look pvc.... I think with a bit more practice I could manage some fringing... So lets wish our bikers good luck, sun and open roads as they are cruising down the aisle tomorrow...



Now say hello to an old married couple who have just got back from honeymoon. Yes, Matt and Jenny had glorious sun for the wedding day, torrential rain and wind for the Scottish bit of the honeymoon, and Arctic snow and northern lights for the Norwegian bit. They seem to have brought the sun back with them though, so hooray for that! Just in time for Easter at Invergarry Lodge.

Now if you are on the hunt for wedding invites then have a wee look at my friend Julie Clark's new website for her card business All That Glitters She makes fantastic tiaras and favours too. Everything she does is beautifully made so I can definitely recommend her most highly folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment